French translation

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Thu Feb 17 15:26:45 UTC 2005

hilaire wrote:

> No it was not that. As I wrote I know how to install French
> translation with the version of LanguageEditor shipped in Squeak
> image 3.7 but I cannot find my way in image 3.8, in particular a
> French locale need to be declared somewhere I don't know where
> in 3.8.

3.8 looks at the <vm-dir>/prefs/locale directory for installed
locales/translations. So if you put your French translation file into
<vm-dir>/prefs/locale/fr it should be loaded and registered as the
french locale. (look at NaturalLanguageTranslator >>
loadAvailableExternalLocales to see how this is done).

Michael