[ENH] Associations Please review and read the tests ( [er] Looks good to my inexperienced eye )

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Feb 17 16:20:48 UTC 2005

Markus Fritsche <Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net>

> frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk wrote:
>
> > Unlike Brent, I'm OK with using "Assoc" as an abbreviation - the
> > expansion seems obvious to me (a native English speaker). What do
> > Germans, Japanese, etc., Squeakers think?
>
> If I fire up the image, the common use till now is to use
> "association",
> theres only one implementor of "assoc:", GlobalVar.

Brent was referring to a number of test methods with names like testReadOnlyAssocPrinting and the like. I don't mind a name like that because you're in the AssociationTests - you KNOW you're reading about Associations, so seeing "Assoc" in a method name shouldn't confuse you.

On closer inspection though, there is something wrong with the test codes. As an example:

testReadOnlyAssocPrinting
	"self run: #testAssociationPrinting"
	| a c s |
	<blah blah>

The comment doesn't match the method name. Affected tests are:

#testReadOnlyAssocPrinting
#testWeakKeyAssocPrinting
#testWeakValueAssocPrinting

frank

This email and attachments (if any) must be swept for viruses before opening. Their contents may be confidential or privileged and are intended solely for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this email in error you must not read or use this email and should notify RNID on: +44 (0) 20 7296 8282.

RNID, Registered Office 19-23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England, Registered Charity No. 207720)