a simple solution to Package, preinst/postinst/etc

Alexandre Bergel bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Feb 17 16:35:04 UTC 2005

> - For anyone else trying this out, note that you have to load OmniBrowser first.

Oups, I forgot to mention it.

> - You seem to have custom subclasses of the OB nodes for all the code elements -

I am still learning OB and working on the UI. I did it very quickly. I will probably go back on that...

> - There's a lot of code in Package that's still doing the old PackageInfo stuff [snip]

Yep. I did that for the bootstrap phase (i.e., replacing all instance of PackageInfo by instances of Package). I did not want to make Package a subclass of PackageInfo, therefore there are some code duplication.

I wanted to retrieve information on class extension when I load back a package. For that I modified MCVersionLoader>>load. Avi, is it the right way to do it ? Or did I miss something. It works well in that way...

> - I find it hard that there's no visual feedback when I move a method to another
> package, and that there's no way to see all of the extension methods for a given
> package.  I assume you're still working on that part of the UI?

There are on my TODO list...

> Also: what I didn't see any evidence of so far is the kind of preload/postload
> [snip] with PackageInfo will port quite nicely to Package when it's ready.

Probably...

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel