[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

Volker Nitsch volker.nitsch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:18:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:46:29 +0100, Martin Wirblat <sql.mawi at t-link.de> wrote:
> Volker Nitsch wrote:
>

> > 2) What is bad about forking? I read a lot about packaging and debian
> > here. Well, there are the BSD's too. Lots of forks, but sharing a lot
> > of code.
> >
> Again yes - at least partly. Not lots of forks, but very few forks.

My "typo". Meant a few, thats why i refered to BSD. They have five
IIRC, Free, net, open, dragonfly, darwin. Each aims at a quite
different goal, but most of the code can be shared.

--
-Volker

"Any problem in computer science can be solved with another layer of
indirection. But that usually will create another problem." David
Wheeler