condenseSources problem, need advice

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Feb 17 23:15:37 UTC 2005

"stéphane ducasse" <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

>On 17 févr. 05, at 19:17, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>>   Stef,
>>
>>   We need a roadmap, but I'd say that before making drastic change, we
>> should have a version (with minimum code change) that most of known
>> bugs are fixed and make most of the things just work however it is
>> written/organized.

> Yes of course. I thought that boris proposed a fix that fixes the
> problem you mention.
That was change set # 5986, which was included into Squeak 3.7
and is also present in Squeak 3.9.
Later changes are: #6273, which is seemingly ok, but the method
SystemDictionary>>condenseSources has still a stupid mistake!
Chris Muller is absolutely right with his bug report from Jan 14, 2005.
The method SystemDictionary>>condenseSources has still
   LastQuitLogPosition := 0.
where a
   SmalltalkImage current lastQuitLogPosition: 0.
is required.

I will post a proposal for a fix in a separate mail with
all required tags.

Greetings Boris