Newbie questions

Joseph Jones darkdescendant at mac.com
Thu Feb 17 23:38:03 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I just started with Squeak and SmallTalk and am enjoying programming in
it for the first time in a long time. I have a couple of newbie
questions, though that I have not found adequate answers for elsewhere.

1) What is the significance of the use of >> in many of your emails? Is
this a SmallTalkism that I missed somewhere or is this a convention
used to tie a Class name and a method name together in discussions?
2) How do I run Squeak in a non-ui mode? I have seen a few items
talking about -headless on the command line. Is that all there is to
it?

Thanx,
joe

P.S. Imagine my surprise when, on my first day on the list, the ANN of
a new leadership and all the followup mail hits me. Man, didn't know
what to think about that. Fortunately (?) I am way to uninformed to
converse on that topic intelligently and only hope that the best thing
for the community and for Squeak comes out of it. :-)