Proposed web site

Hernan Tylim htylim at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 18 15:06:49 UTC 2005

Hi Bruce,

I really liked the page. An odd thing that I encountered was the squeak
logo on the top left corner. I don't know if the logo was supposed to
have that background color. It kind of look odd, don't it?

I also support your idea of a very minimal site and I wanted to ask if
the "Latest news" section is really necesary. Because if for some reason
that section stop being updated, then the site (and therefore the
product) will inmmediately look dead to an outsider.

Instead of "Latest news" I propose a box with statistics that will show
that Squeak is alive and kicking. From the top of my head we could have:

- number of new packages registered on SM on the current month (and total)
- number of new mails on the current month on squeakdev
- number of new mails on the current month on squeakland
- number of new bugs reported on the current month.
- number of new bugs fixed on the current month.

Lastly. Great work bruce! I really liked and sorry that I can only help
with words and not code.

Regards,
Hernán