Proposed web site

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Fri Feb 18 15:44:52 UTC 2005

Cees de Groot wrote:

> (Do you want to have write access to the new location of squeak.org
> so you  can work on it in the place where squeak.org will likely be
> in whatever  timeframe network solutions needs to be convinced that
> Dan is allowed to  repoint stuff?)

Perhaps the better question is, whether Dan himself is convinced to
repoint stuff. If I understand correctly, the idea is to have only a
single page for squeak.org and everything else is located in an
arbitrary number of chaos-wikis?

Well, I must say here, the idea is.. ehem... Squeak should have at least
one place as comprehensive as possible, where it offers a homogeneous
look and balanced information and when possible in a special design
which underlines Squeak's very nature and contrasts from the uniform
design of blogs and wikis.

This is not the sort of work which can be done by an ever changing bunch
of not-so-collaborating-people. Terrific examples of what I mean are
pages at the Minnow site like:

- New Squeaker questions
- The Newbie page

These are really killer pages - they kill every interest of a newcomer
or a random surfer in a few seconds.

Current Squeak.org has the right concept, it is just a bit outdated.

Regards,
Martin