Squeak-3.7b audio recording issue on FC3

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sat Feb 19 04:07:05 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm running the following:

FC3
kernel: 2.6.10-2.1.11.rhfc3.ccrma
Alsa driver 1.0.8-1.rhfc3.ccrma
Squeak VM 3.7b from the hp dnl site (the Intel x86 Linux rpm)
Squeak3.7.5958-full.image clean

Both Alsa and the OSS emulation work fine with other applications (such
as ardour and mplayer using it's OSS interface). I haven't seen any
problems with them so far.

In Squeak, audio plays fine. But, when I start up squeak, go to the
Widgets flap, drag out a "Sound" morph and push record, squeak hangs.
Its repeatable every time.

Any idea why? I'm thinking back thru my memory and I can't remember if
this has happened before... but it may have. I searched thru Mantis and
found nothing but one audio bug that was a playback bug.

Anybody else running Linux with 3,7? If you are, can you try this and
see if you get the same result?

Any ideas? I'll keep searching the archives... and dig more into this
bug on 3.7. Just wanted to see if anyone has seen this issue before I go
searching too far.

thanks,

brad