Proposal for more stripping (was: Re: Another Small 3.7 image (3.6mb)

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sat Feb 19 19:06:56 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 5:23 am, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> I taking scattered objects on the floor and trying to do a Mom (3.7 with
> all I using) and Child (QuiteSmall-3.7 ) Remote Command (via single port
> TCP) tandem.
>
> I could send any valid Smalltalk command from Mom to Child and intercept
> some errors for Child askMom: whatIDo and raise pop ups in Mom and send new
> command.
>
> Its my target reach a reliable shrink/grow procedure (or find why is not
> possible).

This is the strategy that Alejandro used (I think it was him), and also the
one that Craig started with. I'm sure that Craig could say more about this.

As I recall, though, unless you're sure that you've exercised *all* the code
in the child (every code path in every state!), it would be hard to make sure
that you have all the right methods and classes loaded.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/