Squeak-3.7b audio recording issue on FC3

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sun Feb 20 00:37:29 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 2:16 pm, Brad Fuller wrote:
> >oddly, no UI process in that list. When I hit Alt-. I get what looks like
> > an interrupted UI task pre-debug window popping up, but the UI is dead.
> >
> >Of course, I now find that I can't record with the usual tools outside of
> >Squeak either. I should stop updating my system...
> >
> >In the past, I had recording working in Squeak -- but I'd had to
> > re-compile ALSA from their CVS to get it to work with my sound hardware.
> >

> Can you tell us your distro and kernel version?

Distro is Debian unstable or testing; kernel a custom 2.6.9.

I just compiled a 2.6.10 along with the alsa modules and was finally able to
get arecord working.

Having done that, I can run (some versions of) the Squeak VM using aoss and I
am actually able to record now.

My Squeak script is thus something like:

aoss /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.7b-6/squeak "$@"

except it's more complicated than that because it does error logging, etc.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/