Report 1, some afterthoughts

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 21 10:28:49 UTC 2005

Hi all!

Well, not many responses to Report 1 yet, but I have at least some
afterthoughts of my own:

Regarding Martin's question:

- SqF isn't mystical, but yes, it has been a closed list until now. It
is opening up.

- How we came about is no secret. We communicated with ourselves
privately over a few days and with the former Guides not part in this
group and with Stephane (since he is leading SqF and that we wanted his
opinions). There may have been mistakes made, some argue we should have
come forward on the SqF list first for example. But we didn't, and
*personally* I am not sure what it would have meant. We decided for a
swift initiative and that is just that. Can't undo it :).

- How we are working is also no secret. We have an alias that we use to
email each other. We are not sitting together and all of us haven't met
in real life. The Swiki area you see is all we have except for our
emails to each other. The intention is that the alias will ONLY be used
for process issues, about how this community works - and not technical
discussions and decisions. This is very important.

- Why Michael left the group is best if Michael explains himself. There
are DEFINITELY no hard feelings or anything between him and us. We still
wish he could have been on the group.

Regarding RestOfMorphic and my choice of words:

- Just an unfortunate choice of words. But those things happen. :) I
agree with Avi in full of course and Cees (being Team leader there) does
too.

Regarding ToolBuilder:

- Just to make it abundantly clear. Our group thinks it is a very
important piece. We stand behind it all the way. We will personally
invest time in it and we want to make sure it gets into 3.9 as an
"official" package. That's it. Nothing else. We want to form a Team for
making that happen (that it gets into 3.9) and that has nothing to do
with how that project is run.

Regarding Report in general:

- We will post these reports regularly, perhaps 2 weeks apart. They will
not always be this long.
- In the reports we speak with "one tongue". One of us writes it, but we
all "sign" it.
- All other communication from us is done personally, *unless otherwise
stated*. We are all still individuals with different views. If I write
"we" then of course I *think* I am talking for us all - but don't take
my word for it :).

Ok, that was all I think for now. Keep asking, as I said - I will do my
best to answer.

regards, Göran