error installing SmallWiki with SM due to Monticello upgrade problem

SPINIELLI Enrico enrico.spinielli at eurocontrol.int
Mon Feb 21 16:21:24 UTC 2005

Chris was partially right when he pointed out at
'connection' problems.
In fact the problem is that in order to have HTTPSocket
work behind the firewall in my company (with proxy password)
I had to replace Squeak 3.7 version of
HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:
with the one from 3.8

The installation of the pre-requisites for smallwiki
was at some point reverting the above method back
and so my HTTPSockect was not going thru the firewall
anymore.
I repeated the installation manually, taking care to
have always the 3.8 version of
httpGetDocument:args:accept:request:
and now everything works...

Hope it helps to somebody else
Bye
Enrico

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.