A model for Teams in squeak-dev!

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at lazarevic.de
Tue Feb 22 11:50:09 UTC 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se schrieb:
> 	** This is an important part of how we want to work, please give us
> feedback **

A month ago [1], during actionism rush hour, I also suggested that a
working group should be formed to build a new squeak.org site. So yes,
in general I think it is a good idea to organize the work on squeak in
teams.

> 2. The Team should work openly. No private areas or private mailinglists
> etc. Setting up an ml or a Swiki is of course fine, but it should be
> readable by us all. We don't want to endorse "secret" work.

I think the teams should be granted some privacy (!= secrecy) eg. to
discuss controversial topics. If the team feels it needs some comments
from the entire community they should step forward and ask for this. I
could imagine that for example the new website team would like to
discuss different designs first without having every Squeaker express
his personal taste on ever single bit.
This rule can't be enforced anyway, because of the team members using
private email.

Alex

[1]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2005-January/087561.html