A model for Teams in squeak-dev!

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Feb 22 12:06:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:50:09 +0100, Alexander Lazarević
<Alexander at lazarevic.de> wrote:

> I think the teams should be granted some privacy (!= secrecy) eg. to
> discuss controversial topics.
My idea was to give every team their mailing list. Public archive, but
reasonably privacy. People who subscribe on the list are expected to play
as team members, mostly that would mean that they'd expected to do actual
work. People who subscribe to the list, shout and yell, but never deliver
any actual work should rightfully be kicked off ;).

With that in place, discussions on whether to take a team into the 'East'
or 'West' direction should probably be held here on squeak-dev. Quibbling
whether (after the community indicated they'd prefer 'East') the precise
direction should be North-East, East-By-North-East, or whatever, is then
taken to the list.

If team members really want to discuss things in private (always possible,
especially when there's friction etcetera), email is the way to go; I
think we should discourage private discussions so certainly we should not
add any infrastructure for it.