Modules

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Feb 22 18:00:34 UTC 2005

G–ran  wrote...

>FutureModules
>----------------
>This is a Team focusing on more "future" technologies in this area.
>Examples that have come up are:
>
>- Spoon.
>- Islands.
>- E and similar idea.
>- Environments.
>- Namespaces (various models and solutions thereof)
>- ClassBoxes and other stuff from Berne in this regard.
>
>Well, I am surely missing something but you get the picture. Dan Ingalls
>has expressed a solid interest in this Team and Craig Latta too. And
>some of us from the Packages team might be found here too - if not only
>just to be able to reflect on it.

[and I would include Universes in the above list too]

Thanks for the intro, G–ran.  It's true;  I have a solid interest here.

This list wraps around the world, so G–ran's proposal has been out there for several hours, but I've only just woken up and finished reading my email.  I'll try to articulate my perspective on this and send out a message within the next few hours , so that people can decide whether they share that perspective, or want to approach it differently.

If I become leader of this project, though, my first move will be to strike "future" from the title.  While I want it to take us into the future, I want the design done in 3 months, and I want something working in 6 months.

More later

	- Dan