Re: new picture forproposed web site (Geändert von Bert Freudenberg)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 22 19:18:48 UTC 2005

Noury Bouraqadi <bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to notify that all non-squeakers that I met think that the
> logo is a cat. To make it closer to a mouse we need to provide it with
> smaller, more rounded ears.
a) take a look at a mouse sometime. They don't look like The Mouse
much. That hyper-rounded style was purely a graphic artist's trick to
make Mickey easy to draw in a production environment.
b) Making the Squeak logo look even faintly close to The Mouse could
have got us into a Lot Of Trouble. I feel sure you haven't missed how
astonishingly grabby and litigious US corporations have become.
c) Squeaky Da Mouse is actually Coyote _pretending_ to be a mouse for
the purposes of, well, Coyote. Normally Coyote helps people but he can
turn nasty so don't piss him off!

tim
Useful random insult:- An early example of the Peter Principle.