A model for Teams in squeak-dev!

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Feb 22 19:29:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:19:05 -0500, Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> wrote:
> Whew, I was just about to post that I thought each team should have its
> own mailing list, but I wasn't sure if Cees would be up for it. :)  I
> assume you will be handing out squeakfoundation.org (Mailman) mailing
> lists to the teams that want them?

discuss.squeakfoundation.org - ezmlm-idx - but the general idea is the
same.

(OBTW if someone feels compelled to write a decent web interface to the
ezmlm-idx archives in, say, HttpView, please shout ;))

> One issue is whether the mailing list should have read-only public
> access, with list membership controlled by the team leader, or whether
> it should just be a completely public list.
I case of doubt, I usually say "both" and see how it works out ;). Let the
team leader decide.

> Yep.  Although in some cases you might have a real "guru" on the team
> who cannot do a lot of work but can dispense valuable wisdom, such
> members would still be useful.

That's why I didn't propose a bot who counts postings (noise) against
lines of code contributed (signal) and kicks you out when you hit a
certain limit ;). But I think it should be made clear and generally be
accepted that on these lists, you either lurk or work. Not just talk.