Improving Squeak's Multimedia - Part 2

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Wed Feb 23 00:30:32 UTC 2005

Cees de Groot wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:35:40 -0800, Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Fantastic, we have several people who are interested and I hope
>> willing  to play a part in improving Squeak's Multimedia capabilities:
>>
> Good. As a hobbyist photographer (I think stills are part of
> multimedia as  well) and musicist I welcome any enhancement in that
> area (one of my todo  list entries shows a media database - I want to
> replace iTunes *and* my  photo db software with Squeak ;)).
>
> Do you want a mailing list to go with that group? If so, just drop me
> a  mail with the proposed name.

Thanks for the offer Cees. My input is that we should get some buy-in
and agreement first and then move on to getting things done. A mailing
list might be appropriate to keep the SNR appropriate for the main
squeak-dev ml.

Interesting ... replacing iTunes. Do you mean to add the licensing
functionality and connect to the site for downloads? Or just a player
ala xmms?

brad
(what is a musicist?)