Improving Squeak's Multimedia - Part 2

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Wed Feb 23 00:23:19 UTC 2005

Hi Brad & Everyone,

My areas of interest are (in no special order - this is just logically
grouped):

1. Audio
        A. MIDI
        B. Synthesis
                1) FM
                2) Subtractive
                3) Additive
                4) Voice/Speech

        C. Recording/Editing
                1) Filtering (Simple and Adaptive)
                2) Sample Rate Conversion
                3) Effects (i.e. Reverb, Delay, Phasing, Flanging,
Dynamics,
                         Pitch Modification, Time Stretching, etc.)

2. Video
        A. Compression
                1) Vector Quantization
        B. Streaming
        C. Editing
                1) Colorspace Conversion
                2) Scaling
                3) Compositing

The majority of my experience is with audio DSP and anything related, so
that's where I can probably contribute the most.  I may or may not be able
to offer finished code, but certainly I can offer algrorithms as pseudo
code or working Smalltalk when I have time, and references.  If I don't
know how to do something with audio DSP, or don't have time to do it, I
almost certainly can point you to resources that can tell you how.  In
some cases, I may have to decline to participate if there is a conflict of
interest with my day job (i.e. I really can't talk about echo
cancellation, voice/audio over packet networks, or acoustic beamforming).

Vector Quantization is something I have explored quite extensively on my
own, so I don't know if it's something anyone else is interested in, but I
can be a resource on that topic.

                -Dean

Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com>
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
02/22/2005 03:35 PM
Please respond to The general-purpose Squeak developers list