Modules

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Wed Feb 23 00:53:53 UTC 2005

Heh heh...

About six hours ago, I said I'd write a quick summary of my thoughts on the subject, and I'm just getting started.  It's not that I'm writing more, but I'm trying to get it right which, as you know, takes longer.

Meanwhile, I'd like to proceed simply to ask for people interested in putting modules into Squeak.

As part of any positive response, I'd like to hear

	What would you like to see in such a system?

	Are you mainly interested as a designer, implementor, or user?

	Anything else you'd like to say.

Thanks
	- Dan

PS:  For now, please don't worry about overlap with current packages work.  The two are closely related, and they will come together in the end, but they can be worked on independently (hopefully with cross fertilization) until then.  I'm hoping to see many of the package folks among those interested.

PPS:  And, lest people freak out about earthshaking changes, let me say that one of my top priorities is that, however it works, such a system should be unnoticeable to casual users of Squeak.