instead of "ambience" (was "another balloon picture")

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Wed Feb 23 09:14:51 UTC 2005

Hi Craig,

> Actually, that isn't true everywhere in the computer world. In the Lisp
> and Smalltalk communities, for example, people have understood
> "environment" correctly (and in the way you're using "ambience") for a
> very long time. The meaning is very much like that evoked by
> "environmentalists" when describing the natural world.

What are the fruits of this kind of thinking?
I am insterested in tracking the results of this POV,
 specially in Smalltalk.
Today I must confess that Smalltalk is considered "a language"
 for most of the smalltalkers, and I have read papers and
 proposals talking about "evolution" that really make me feel
 that nothing has been realized outside the OO way.

Sorry for my english, but I you can understand
 what I am saying is enough for me.

cheers,
Ale.