Improving Squeak's Multimedia - Part 2

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 23 14:25:37 UTC 2005

Hi people!

Steven Elkins <sgelkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What do you think about MM as a team? Is it a sub-team?
>
> I don't know, need to understand 'team' better, or accept different
> senses of the term.  I have quite a few recent threads flagged for
> careful perusal.

The current table of Teams and the description of the model:

	http://anakin.bluefish.se/castaways/6

As to the question if this could be a Team or not - IMO it can
definitely be a Team.

*Personally* I consider a Team to be a group of Squeakers cooperating
towards one or more specific goals. Not more complicated than that
really.

A description of the goals and someone standing up ready to take the
Team leader role is more or less what is needed - we, the Coordinators -
want to encourage teams so even if we also have a part on our side (see
the model) we are willing to take that on.

I mean, what is the worst thing that can happen? It is *not* the Team
failing, the worst thing that could happen is if the members of the Team
somehow end up feeling disappointed at either the Team or us.

We will work hard to prevent the last thing to happen, the leader will
have to prevent the first thing.

So in short - a Team is allowed to fail - just as long as you do it with
a smile and get back up on your feet. :)

regards, Göran