Team proposal: Morphic Splitters

Steven Swerling sswerling at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 18:21:16 UTC 2005

Dan Ingalls wrote:

> 2.  I would like to do the same (perhaps they have already done it) for Pavel and Steven's "Small-3.7" and QuiteSmall images.  This is excellent work, very much in the spirit of this project.  I hope they will sign on, at least in an advisory capacity.

I would be happy to help. However, I don't think it will be my place to
advise on the architecture. To me, having all those SUnit tests and Lex'
stable universe image was invaluable. On this I preach with the passion
of the recently converted. Unit tests free you to take a really brute
force approach to redesign in the "late preliminary" stages.

I'll commit to keeping an eye out for bugs that emerge in basic
functionality (as they are bound to), and then lobbing some new Unit
tests to the group to use or ignore as they see fit. If you choose to
use Unit tests from time to time, you might find that you can really
sharpen up your machete and start swinging.