Proposing two important Teams

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Feb 23 20:30:30 UTC 2005

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:34:29 -0600, "Ken Causey" <ken at kencausey.com> said:
> >
> > On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 14:36 +0100, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > As you have seen Ken Causey has already picked up the ball and is
> > proposing a Team for tackling one of our biggest challenges -
> > Harvesting. Both in the short and long term. Perfect.
>
> I just want to clarify something regarding this.  At least in the short
> term the team I'm forming (called 'Janitors' for now, send email to
> janitors-subscribe at discuss.squeakfoundation.org to express preliminary
> interest in joining the team) is going to be very narrowly focused and
> will not be replacing or supplanting any existing groups including the
> Harvesters.  Instead we will be working to manually smooth the
> harvesting path and keep the flow going.  Of course longer term goals
> are much more nebulous at this point.  More about this soon.

Understood... the Harvesters are more or less whoever has access to the
update stream, the new group wouldn't replace them.  But I think the new
group would have a lot to say about improving the harvesting process in
general.  And I assume bug/fix/enh tracking is one of the main focuses
of the new group.

- Doug