p2p monticello - any takers?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Feb 24 07:50:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:58:28 -0800, Joseph Jones <darkdescendant at mac.com>
wrote:

> I wonder if you could marry BitTorrent to the system.

Well, try it ;P However, BT is made for LARGE files, and MC files
typically aren't that large. My P2P system sits on a system that allows
for reliable transmission of datagrams of up to 6Mb, I think, plenty
enough for most MC files.

Goran: developer events is only part of the picture, of course. Getting MC
files to you in reasonable time is another. A shared global MC rep would
mean you'd never have to copy a dependent MC file to a repository, for
example - you just get it from the network. But yeah, developer events
would be cool and simple to do with the modern systemchangenotification
stuff. I might hack them in tonight :)