To Traits Or Not To Traits (Was: Re: Stefs roadmap for 3.9, time to get it nailed down)

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Feb 24 10:25:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:00:19 +0100, <goran.krampe at bluefish.se> wrote:

> So the question remains - is Traits plausible to maintain as a package -
> or is it not? And also of course, if it is - would you be willing?
> Unless this is so - then this turns into a black and white choice.

I don't think Traits takes away any functionality. If one doesn't want to
use them, one doesn't have to.

Yeah, they'd =be there=. But if they give the benefits they seem to, does
it make sense to cripple the core to satisfy those who hate them so much
they don't want them anywhere in their image? I guess packaging them
removes the issue but, yow, that seems like a lot of work (if it's even
possible).