To Traits Or Not To Traits (Was: Re: Stefs roadmap for 3.9, time to get it nailed down)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Feb 24 17:31:53 UTC 2005

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > - then we take first look, and
> > then probably solicit some feedback from stakeholders.
>
> Yes please do it, but read the %$%$#$%#X papers and try.
> We even did an example with complex number to show how we can reuse code

Calm down Stephane - not all Squeakers have the time to read your
papers. I will read them - at least some of them - but don't expect all
of us to have the time to do that. So some simple questions, no matter
how stupid, you will just have to be able to answer here on squeak-dev.

These questions were tailored in order to try to see a little bit, what
the effects Traits would have on Traits-haters. I do plan to read the
papers - but I also expect to be able to ask a few questions to you
guys. Ok?

Anyway, the answers so far look good. Still, given the massive changes
here (otherwise you wouldn't argue it being hard to maintain as a
package), there is logically a good chance that this will "shine
through" even to the Traits haters. I just want you to think hard about
that issue.

> > As a first rough plan. Ok?
>
> Yes

Good.