Squeak v4 License

Steven Swerling sswerling at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 18:49:07 UTC 2005

Could we just start releasing it under the Croquet license? The Croquet
group has gone ahead and released everything through Squeak3.6 under
their license by fiat. They have a great license. If we can get all the
main package owners to release their packages under the Croquet license
(Monticello, SqueakMap, etc), then the only parts of squeak that are not
under the Croquet license are anything done since 3.6. Should some
license induced crisis emerge, at least that isolates any code that
would have to be rewritten or relicensed to the code that made it into
the image between 3.6 and 4.0.