Problems w/Squeak on Linux

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 24 20:32:37 UTC 2005

On Feb 24, 2005, at 3:44 AM, chris at workinglinux.com wrote:

> I've read a lot of different open/free licensesm and at first glance, I
> was little concerned about Apple's, but on closer inspection it looked
> basically OK to me, except for the fonts.  And definitely non-free.

If you load the AccuFonts the problem with fonts goes away. Some
flavors of the image ship
without the apple fonts btw, so concentrate on the other issues.

> I don't suppose that there is any chance of Apple allowing
> re-licensing?
> If it is only the idemnification clause keeping Squeak out of Debian,

If you look in the mail list archive I think there are 'hundreds' (if
not thousands) of messages over the years talking
about and attempting to deal with the issue.

> --
===