Refactorings

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Feb 25 19:31:48 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 9:59 am, Jason Rogers wrote:
> I would like to introduce some refactorings into Squeak.  Is there a
> document describing the process of extending the Refactory?

Not really. However, if you look at the RB code, and especially the code for
the transformations, and for the RewriteTool (which I just did), you'll see
that it's not too bad.

I added some lint rules, and didn't find it particularly difficult.

The lint rules, the finder tool, the rewrite tool, and the transformations all
use the same family of parse tree searchers and rewriters. Within a rewrite
block you can get the identity of the various patterns you may have used in
the search string.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/