Lint sometimes gives near-useless info

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Feb 25 20:10:20 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 6:51 am, Frank Shearar wrote:
> I decided to run Lint over my ImageMapEditor. It told me I had some
> "Variables not referenced [1]" in ImageMapEditor. So far, so good. What I'd
> really like to know, though, is WHICH instvar isn't referenced. The same
> applies to the result of "Instance variables not read AND written".
>
> So to my question: can Lint give answers this detailed? (Can it point out
> the actual offending variables?) If it can, how can I get my mitts on the
> results? If it can't, can we make it? If so, how?

If you send 'logOrInspect' to the browser's environment, you get something
like this in the Transcript:

Variables not referenced
     #ClassToRename->class
     #ClassToRename->builder
     #ClassToRename->rewriteRule
     #LintRuleTest->foo1
     'ClassToRename class'->notUsed
     #LintRuleTest (cvar) Foo1

I suppose that we could make this easier to get to.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/