Retiring BFAV

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 25 21:13:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 21:50 +0100, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> hi ken
>
> I think that your are right even if BFAV was really a big help.
> Have you some time/ideas to replace it?

First of all I think that Mantis is a perfectly acceptable replacement
as it is.  So for the immediate term I think we are OK.  However it is
my intention to use what we have learned and will learn as we make the
current transitions (partitioning the system, etc.) to design a new
system with the assistance of others.  I plan to make baby steps as much
as possible however so that may involve little tools to work with Mantis
from Squeak more easily in the medium term to perhaps a wholy new Squeak
only OODB/P2P/whatever extravaganza in the long term.

> and migrate what is pending in
> BFAV
> into Mantis.

As soon as we agree that moving to Mantis (completely) is the way to go
I'm already signing people up for the task of copying new posts to the
list to Mantis as I outlined in my first message.  We also are already
discussing a second task that involves going through BFAV and moving any
incomplete issues there and I would expect that to start no later than
two weeks from the beginning of the first task.

Ken