UI design by committee

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 20:05:23 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:13:40 -0800, Tim Rowledge
<tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> karl <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
>
> > David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> > >At last!  Someone has finally explained the Squeak mouse buttons in language
> > >I can understand. I'm going to tape this to the side of my computer monitor
> > >as a quick reference ;)
> > >

> > I hope you tape it on the right side.
> No! The LEFT side; text usually ends up bunching on the left side (in
> left to right languages at least) so this note, like scrollbars, should
> go on the left.

Tim, you don't read very well: he *said* you should put it on the
right side, and as you point out, the left side is the right side to
put it on - so you're agreeing with him, aren't you?

I like the scrollbars on the right, though - you have to be more
dextrous to use them but they look so sinister over on the left...

Avi