the meaning of it all

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Mon Feb 28 07:44:44 UTC 2005

  Olivier,

  The formatting of your email is a little strange, but I'll try:

>  *    what does « Flex » refers to ?

  Don't worry about this one.  Ignore it.

>  *    what is « add pin »? :FunctionComponent addCustomMenuItems:hand:

  This is a defunct one.  Ignore it.

> * what is « vertical pan » ? anything to do with vertical cooking ?
> :) (GradientFillMorph addCustomMenuItems:hand: )

  I wish^^; But, Panning is like scrolling.  In other words, a
camera's sweeping movement.  (It is a movie term.)

> * « end clip here » what is a �clip�  in this context? (MoviePlayerMorph invokeBookMenu)

  As in "a movie clip", one continuous movie. "end" is a verb and the
sentense is an imperative form.  In longer form, "Make specified point
as the end of the movie." or something.

> * « get sound from lib » ( EnvelopeEditorMorph
> addCustomMenuItems:hand: ) Does �lib� stand for
> 'library' (and if it does, what is this sound
> library)?

  Yes, "lib" stands for 'library'.  A Squeak image keeps a set of
sounds.  The set of sounds is the library in this context.

> * « World scale and clip �»seems to be a menu, but I
> can�t find where it is and what it does.

  Probably, nobody will see this one.  Don't worry about this.

> *  « start keyboard navigation with this thread »
> (InternalThreadNavigationMorph moreCommands ) What is
> a « thread » in this context ?

  There is a mechanism to treat a set of projects as if they are
"threaded together", or put them in a sequence in which you can go
back and forth.  So, a thread is a sequentially managed projects.

> * « die » I just have this single world in the
> language editor with no references� Any idea about
> what it can mean in Squeak ?

  It could be a phrase from Kedama system.  It may not be used in
vanilla Squeak, but you can just supply a translation that means
"removing an object from where it was."

  "diffuse" is from Kedama.  You can ignore this so far.

  "ton" can be ignored, too.

-- Yoshiki