SM has passed 500 packages!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Jan 3 11:27:52 UTC 2005

Hi!

hjh-sqlist <hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net> wrote:
> Quoting DClarke at fadal.com:
>
> > Hi Göran,
> >
> > Please let me know what you think of my first effort so far:
> >
> > http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2000
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Darius
> >

> I like this indexing work! You basically take on the responsibility of a
> librarian. And from that point of view it is fine to have the consent of the
> authors, but not it is not needed in any case.

I also like it.

> Göran, is it possible to go one and directly implement this as an additional
> experimental view on to SqueakMap to test if people are happy with it? (The
> newer entries automatically be categorized as 'New' in the view of Darius until
> he finds time to update it).

Hmmm.... Well, having a parallell categorization... is tricky. The best
would probably be if we could allow me/Darius to make categorization
changes to existing packages. We could take care recording how it was
before our changes so that we can easily revert stuff if the owners get
annoyed.

We would of course only touch the categories that describe the domain of
the packages and not other more sensitive categories - like license for
example :).

Anyway, please give Darius more feedback (typically on this thread or
another) to give us some indication of what you all think.

> Hannes

PS. Regarding putting the SqueakMap Loader into flaps etc - yes, the
SMLoader should be "sanitized" regarding these de facto standards - if I
were to do it I would simply copy from SUnit. This also includes fixing
the messed up colors etc. If anyone would like to take on this work I
would gladly receieve a .mcz or a .cs. :)