Cuteness

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 21:08:10 UTC 2005

wynand at realtimerodeo.net writes:
 > Another question - is anyone still working on building a JIT component?
 > I'm quite keen to do so, but I lack the experience and so I'll first have
 > to do a lot of reading before I can start. Realistically it'll take me
 > more than a year.

I'm working on a JIT called Exupery. If you're interested in helping
that would be cool, but there are a lot of other projects that would
probably do more good like the wxWindows port providing native
widgets.

A year might be a little low, especially if it's part time. Exupery's
been going for 2 years now. There's a lot to learn and know. It ends
up involves thinking in C, machine code, and Smalltalk even if most
of the code is in Smalltalk. The first step would be to build a VM
generating the source with VMMaker.

Exupery will probably be x86 only for another year or so. It depends
on how well the next release performs.

Bryce