Newbie point of view regarding Squeak

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 6 08:43:18 UTC 2005

Hi hilaire

> Stephane said he wanted to quit (then hopefully he came back), Andreas
> openly express his frustration, Mark confessed he is worryed about
> Multimedia stuff becoming broken.

I do not think that the multimedia capabilities of squeak got broken
recently.
What is clear is that there are some experimental stuff left in the
image that could be removed.

> It sounds to me like there are some need of a better meta-development
> model to avoid such problems.
> But well, I may be pretty 100% wrong as I am a newbie to Squeak and I
> am not used to its way of development.

Clearly the community should work to provide a way to steer it and
communicate.

Now hilaire the best to help is to push the french translation and to
port DrGeo to Squeak
and help when you can.

Stef