[ENH] FlapTab performance improvement

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Fri Jan 7 20:33:27 UTC 2005

When working with some performance tests I noticed that FlapTab was
consuming too much time repositioning itself when morphs in the world
view resized.  The attached change list cuts the time for
FlapTab>>ownerChanged by about 33%.  With 9 tabs on my image it
amounted to a 3% overall improvement.  The changes involve testing for
position changes before making them so it does not reposition to the
same location, and using symbols rather than strings, and == rather
than collection>>includes:.

Michael