Why ProtoObject>>becomeForward: is not implemented

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 18:25:48 UTC 2005

> Is there any reason why ProtoObject>>becomeForward: is not implemented?

My understanding for the purpose of ProtoObject is to provide a slimmed-down
inherited API for proxies and such.  Therefore, I'll bet it is merely an
oversight that becomeForward: is not included.

But I'd also like to pose the inverse question as to why some methods are
there.  Mainly,

  doOnlyOnce:
  initialize
  rehash
  flag:
  ifNil: and its other three variants
  rearmOneShot

If the whole point of ProtoObject is to have a minimal API, then aren't these
rather extranneous?