[ANN] Elliptical Layout 1

Brenda asparagi at hhhh.org
Wed Jan 12 04:42:32 UTC 2005

Now available on SqueakMap, a LayoutPolicy that will help you feel
really strange: an EllipticalLayout places the first submorph of some
morph in the center, and the remaining morphs on concentric ellipses
around the first submorph.  The bounds of the morph using an
EllipticalLayout will be correct if you let them be; see the class comment.

There's a description of how I did this (written some time ago) on the
Swiki as well: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3370

Note that this required changing the way Morph adjusts bounds after a
layout change; there are a couple of other changes to Morph and
LayoutPolicy as well.  Please review these changes before installing
them, as morphs with broken LayoutPolicies are the most reliable way
I've found to make Squeak hang.

Thanks to Craig Latta & Tim Rowledge for their useful advice.  Please do
not blame them for any bugs my code contains.