[Q] Celeste questions

Giovanni Giorgi giovanni.giorgi at siforge.org
Wed Jan 12 08:49:54 UTC 2005

Stoffel, Andrew ha scritto  in data 11/01/2005 18.34:

> Is Celeste being actively developed?
>
> (Meaning - are there plans for any future enhancements like
>  IMAP support, NNTP support, or smtp server password support?
>  Not just bug fixing, Squeak version compatibility, or
>  improvements to current features.)

I am the Celeste current mantainer.
I am fixing bug for the meantime, and I am planning some minor
enhancements, like smtp server passoword support and multiple
configuration. I am proceeding slowly because of lack of time.
IMAP and NNTP support is currently not planned.

> And is there a more appropriate venue for suggestions or
> "I think that's a bug" reports? Other than here on squeak-dev?

You can post Celeste bugs on squeak dev or send it directly to me.
You should only use the word "Celeste" on the subject, to get my
attention ;)

> I looked at it a while ago (must have been before there were
> categories? Which, btw, caused problems when I tried to use the
> newest version with category support with old mailbox database
> files.

Hmmmm I don't know this problem. I will try to reduce db
back-compatibility problems in the future.
[...]

> Interesting in some respects, lacking in others... (I'm assuming
> it works well for some people and everyone else uses something
> non-Squeak.)

Celeste is pleasant to use, especially the auto filtering (you can
filter mail in a snap).
If you have special needs (like multiple accounts, news support, etc)
you can look also at ThunderBird (it is very huge and a bit buggy in my
own opinion, but I use it at office and it works).

> Just wondering. Thanks.

;)

--
     Giovanni Giorgi           http://www.squeak.org