Balloon Issues

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Wed Jan 12 09:02:44 UTC 2005

On 8 Jan 2005, at 20:10, Michael Latta wrote:

> That would be great. I presume existing Morph subclasses would work,
> or do they need to be rewritten?

Most of Morphic works with alternate Canvases (as evidenced by the
Postscript output code). I actually had a DPS Canvas back then that
would use NeXT's DisplayPostscript for drawing to screen. It mostly
worked: the UI drew, I could create morphs and move them around etc.
The biggest difficulty was text, which at that time bypassed the Canvas
API and drew the strike fonts directly on the underlying Form, causing
all sorts of headaches.

Marcel