adding to object catalog

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu Jan 13 08:20:06 UTC 2005

Hi, Katy,

Simply *mentioning* a new category name in the "categories" list in a
class-side #descriptionForPartsBin declaration of a Morph subclass
will result in that category's appearing in the Objects catalog.

Thus, for example, if you have a morph class "MyTestMorph" and you
want it to appear in the Objects catalog, under the name "Shoeshine",
in a new category called "Testing", write a class-side method like
the following:

MyTestMorph class >> descriptionForPartsBin
	^ self partName:	'Shoeshine'
		categories:	#('Testing')
		documentation:	'An object that shines your shoes...'

Having submitted that method, the next time you open an Objects
catalog you'll find your Testing category present, with your
Shoeshine in it.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

  -- Scott