PolygonMorph balloon text

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Jan 13 14:05:41 UTC 2005

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 January 2005 8:01 am, Frank Shearar wrote:
> > I've tried searching, and got as far as
> Morph>>handleMouseEnter: which
> > calls HandMorph>>triggerBalloonFor:after - I thought
> perhaps PolygonMorph
> > overrode something to make mouse hover balloon texts behave
> the way they
> > do, but I couldn't find anything.
>
> That's because it's transparent. The containsPoint: method is
> answering false
> because of this.
>
> If you make the color something like
>  Color r: 0 g: 0 b: 0 alpha: 0.004
>
> or override containsPoint: in your own subclass of
> PolygonMorph (removing the
> test for 'color isTransparent'), it should work.

Ah great stuff - that's the method I had searched for in vain.

Thanks Ned, and Jerome too, for the quick responses.

What amuses me about this question though is that I was first going to solve the polygon-contains problem and then how to colour the regions with a translucent colour. And, of course, the solution to the former is to use the latter!

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720