OCSTUG meeting Jan 19th - joint Python/Smalltalk meeting

David Buck david at simberon.com
Sat Jan 15 12:16:24 UTC 2005

Sorry for the short notice on this.

Python / Smalltalk Joint Meeting
Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005

Python and Smalltalk have a lot of things in common.  Both are object
oriented languages. Both use dynamic typing (duck typing).  Both are
competing for attention in a curly brace world.

At this meeting, the Ottawa Python Authors Group (OPAG) and the Ottawa
Carleton Smalltalk Users Group will join forces.  Each group will show
their language to the other and talk about similarities and
differences.  By learning about other languages, we can better
understand our own language and learn techniques we had never considered
before.

Location Details

The meeting will be held in Room 5115, Herzberg Laboratories (building
13 on the map ). Pay-parking is available in Lot 1, 2, and parking
meters can be found along University Drive. Free parking is available
across Bronson Avenue opposite Lot 5.

Please RSVP to david at simberon.com if you plan to attend.