An attempt to support Czech language

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Wed Jan 19 09:45:08 UTC 2005

 Very well,
but I have to notice, that the Czech Windows environment doesn't use the
ISO-8859-2 encoding but derived CP-1250. I will modify it...

Linux uses standard Latin2 encoding but here's a problem with keyboard
input. Squeak VM doesn't accept special Czech characters.

When I modify the VM (sqUnixX11.c, line 226) to

static x2sqKey_t x2sqKey= x2sqKeyInput;

and I run Squeak with correct environment settings

env LC_ALL=czech squeak *.image

accepted key codes for some special Czech characters are duplicitous! The
only solution I know is to modify the recode() function to do not any
conversion:

int recode(int charCode)
{
    return charCode;
}

This is ugly non-standard hack. Will be there any official solution for X11
keyboard inputs?

Pavel