[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #layoutFrame

Raymond Asselin raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 19 22:27:29 UTC 2005

Le 2005/01/18, Scott Wallace <scott.wallace at squeakland.org> écrivait :

>Can anyone reproduce the bug Raymond reports?  (I can't.)
>
>Presumably this bug arises somehow out of update
>"6129-0314objectsToolFix-nk" but it's hard to find and fix the
>problem until we can be reproduce it...
>
>Is it possible that the bug is only seen if, at the time the "objects
>(o)" menu item is chosen, there is an old, pre-existing Objects
>Catalog present on the screen which dates back to before the arrival
>of update 6129?
>
>Raymond, if *you* can reliably reproduce this bug, perhaps you could
>give us some hints so that we can see it too.

Hi Scott,
        I'm still investigating the problem, don't know if I will find it yet....
but the problem doesn't seems to be in the plain 3.8g image as I picked a fresh
3.8 image (6485) and tried to open the Objects Catalog....was fine, upgraded the
image to 6550 an retried...was fine...so:

1er hypothesis:  BabySRE because the two images which doesn't work have it loaded.

2 hypothesis: If I remember when I updraded the image to 6550 a CS ask to zap the
linefeed from the change file ! ! ! This is the first time I saw this...but in OSX not sure
this is OK...

Anyway I don't really know how to test these hypothesis...any clues, how to find if BabySRE
changed something to frameLayout ?

Raymond