[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #layoutFrame

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jan 20 09:36:08 UTC 2005

At 23:27 19.01.2005, Raymond wrote:
 > Anyway I don't really know how to test these hypothesis...any clues, how
to > find if BabySRE changed something to frameLayout ?

My Squeak3.7-5989-basic image with the second release of BabySRE doesn't
have a method named frameLayout, so I doubt that I can have changed it.
(And I haven't changed #layoutFrame either, so that suggestion didn't get
me to an answer)

I haven't saved the original bug report, I can't load the BFAV2 viewer, and
I can't access  http://bfav.squeakfoundation.org/listing just now, so I
don't know the details of the report.  But the subject of this thread looks
like a non-initialized variable, not something wrong with #layoutFrame.

A suggestion: In Ooram, we had added a command to the debugger: 'Report
bug'. This command caused a dump of the stack + some other info to be
e-mailed to the product maintainers. It should be easy for the right people
to add such a command as an extension to e.g., BFAV.

Cheers
--Trygve

--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver <at> ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver