MacOSX Performance

Frank Caggiano frankcag at crystal-objects.com
Fri Jan 21 13:45:37 UTC 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 8:34, Stéphane Conversy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I attended a demonstration by Stéphane Ducasse, and I was really
> impressed by squeak. I
> tried it on my PowerBook G4 1.25Ghz 1Go RAM, and I was less impressed
> by its
> performance ;-). However, it runs quite smoothly on my officemate's pc
> (winxp, athlon xp
> 2Ghz, 512Mo).
>
> Since
> - my machine is not _that_ slow,
> - the vm is the same for all machines,
> - there is not jit,

The vm's are different it's the image and source files that are the
same. What version of the VM are you using? On Mac OS X 10.3.7 I'm
using 3.7.5beta3 . There might even be something newer but this is
working ok for me.

regards

Frank Caggiano
frankcag at crystal-objects dot com
http://www.crystal-objects.com

The best education for the best is the best education for all.
					Robert Maynard Hutchins